"ESPN" declare : Shawn Thornton hired as Florida Panthers' business executive

SUNRISE, Fla. -- Shawn Thornton is now a Florida Panthers executive. The recently retired forward was announced Thursday as the Panthers' new vice president of business operations. "The business side of operating an NHL team has always fascinated me," Thornton said. "It's a humbling day for me and I'm excited to begin the next chapter of my career in hockey," Thornton said. The Panthers said Thornton also is the only player this century to record 10 fights, score 10 goals and win the Stanley Cup in the same season.


As it stated in Thornton, who spent his final three seasons playing for the Panthers, was expected to transition into the business side of hockey once his playing days were done. After retiring from the NHL with two Stanley Cup championships to his name, the longtime enforcer and former Bruin has been named the Panthers' vice president of business operations. The business side of operating an NHL team has always fascinated me. Thornton played seven seasons for the Bruins after previously having stops in the Toronto, Chicago and Anaheim organizations. Said Thornton: "It's a humbling day for me and I'm excited to begin the next chapter of my career in hockey.

Shawn Thornton named VP of business operations for Panthers
As it stated in

Florida Panthers name Shawn Thornton VP of business operations

As expected, the Florida Panthers officially named recently retired forward Shawn Thornton as the team's vice president of business operations on Thursday. "The business side of operating an NHL team has always fascinated me. Thornton, 39, known more for his fighting skills than hockey acumen, played in 705 NHL games with the Panthers, Boston, Chicago and Anaheim. "It's a humbling day for me, and I'm excited to begin the next chapter of my career in hockey," Thornton said. He will work closely with Panthers president and CEO Matthew Caldwell and chief of staff Sean McCaffrey.

Florida Panthers name Shawn Thornton VP of business operations


read more visit us Business

collected by :John Miller

0/Post a Comment/Comments