Buffett defends doing business by gun manufacturers

as mentioned in OMAHA, Neb., probably five (Reuters) - Billionaire Warren Buffett on Saturday defended his earlier remark which it would be "ridiculous" for the conglomerate not to do business with gun manufacturers, noting which he doesn't need to impose his political views on Berkshire's investment decisions or business operations. During the traditional Q&A session at Berkshire Hathaway's annual meeting, a shareholder challenged Buffett on his refusal to Stress Berkshire subsidiaries to divest from gun-related businesses. Following the Feb. 14 school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, Buffett said CNBC: "I don't believe in imposing my views on 370,000 employees & a mn shareholders. I'm not their nanny on that.""Please say America you misspoke," the questioner asked, via an email read to Buffett with NY Times journalist Andrew Ross Sorkin. "I don't believe on imposing my political opinions on the activities of our businesses," Buffett said, drawing applause from the admittedly pro-free-market crowd.


Warrent Buffett doubles drop on doing business by gun owners

But his answer to a question about doing business by gun owners drew the biggest reaction from the tens of thousands of shareholders. For example, "I do not think we ought put a question on the Geico policy form [that says]: 'Are you a member of the NRA? "When I do that, I'm speaking as a private citizen. I do not think I'm speaking for Berkshire," Buffett told Saturday. "I do not think profit justifies endangering an innocent life."

Warrent Buffett doubles down on doing business with gun owners

Warren Buffett deflects questions about a successor, defends doing business by gun makers

As it stated in You are the owner of this article.






collected by :Dicson Walt

0/Post a Comment/Comments